New Intermediate & Advanced Class Structure
We have decided that it is time for a much needed revamp of the 'intermediate & advanced' training structure. We are finding that 1 hour per week is simply not enough time to make the kind of progress we would like to see in our archers after graduating from the beginner training. We would also really like to nurture a more communal/team training environment, where everyone is invested in the success of their teammates. Many of the intermediate & advanced archers have a lot of knowledge and skills that others could benefit from.
Here is the plan:
- Merge the morning advanced & intermediate classes into a three hour group session.
- Encourage participants to contribute in anyway they can and feel comfortable with.
- Set out a more structured & scheduled 'syllabus' and training structure.
- Set minimum requirements for the class.
- Promote representation of the club at external events.
- Formalize the qualifying structure to prepare archers for external events.
Saturday @ 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Graduation from the beginner training program or submission of a verified scorecard proving equivalent competency.
- Membership to the club. (Membership Info)
- Membership to the national federation. (SANAA)
- Own equipment (or in the process of acquiring).
- Submission of 2 x verified scores every 3 months. (External competition or official qualifying round).
Qualifying sessions will still take place on the last Saturday of the month. We will however be following much more strict schedule and procedures. The focus will be on the IFAA Indoor round but archers will not be limited to this round.
Price: (will be unchanged)
- R400 per person per month.
- Conditioning & Training.
- Equipment Setup & Tuning.
- Technique & Form.
Enrolment will follow the same process as all of the group classes. Clients must enrol into the class by completing an online enrolment form. A recurring monthly invoice will be created on our online billing system and will only be cancelled if we receive an un-enrolment form with sufficient notice before the start of a new month.
If there is anything specific you would like to get covered in these sessions, or if you have any questions, comments, concerns or general feedback, please let us know in the comments section below, on the Facebook group or via the usual communication lines. Your input is important to us and helps us to give the best service possible.